SAFETY, SECURITY & PRIVACY
SECURE SHOPPING GUARANTEE
www.addide.com uses the industry standard encryption protocol known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to keep your order information secure.
Secure Shopping Guarantee has been established for every transaction made with www.addide.com. If any unauthorized charges were to appear on your debit/credit card as a result of shopping with www.addide.com, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accepting these Terms through your access or use of the Website and/or Apps, you certify that you are at least 18 years of age or that, if you are under 18, but at least 13 years of age, you are accessing or using the Website and/or Apps under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms. Addide does not knowingly collect personal information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we will delete the information from our records. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to these Terms for the benefit of a child between the ages of 13 and 18, you are fully responsible for the child’s use of the Website and/or Apps, including all financial charges and legal liability that may arise out of your child’s usage of the Website and/or Apps.
- Account Registration
You may be required to create an account (by submitting a first and last name, an email address, a phone number and creating a password) to access certain services or areas of the Website and/or Apps. By creating an account you are registering with all of the Website and Apps. In doing so, you certify that the information you provide is accurate and complete. You also agree to update your account information in the event any of your information changes. You may not enter or use an email address: (1) owned or controlled by another person with the intent to impersonate that person, (2) that is offensive, or (3) that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person. Failure to comply with the terms of this paragraph shall constitute a material breach of these Terms, which may result in a rejection or immediate termination of your account. We further reserve the right to cancel, in our sole discretion, your account at any time.
- Account Security
Your account shall be for personal non-commercial use only. You are solely responsible at all times for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, including without limitation your password. You are fully responsible for restricting access to your computer and all activities that occur under your account, whether or not you authorize such activities. Addide is not responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your account.
- License Grant
Subject to these Terms, you are hereby granted a limited, revocable, non‑exclusive, non-transferable right to access and use the Website and/or Apps (the “License”) for personal, non-commercial purposes, for as long as Addide supports the Website and/or Apps. Addide reserves any and all rights, implied or otherwise, which are not expressly granted to you hereunder, and retains all rights, title, and interest in and to the Website and/or Apps. You are expressly prohibited from making, and this License does not include permission to make, any commercial use of the Website and/or Apps.
- License Restrictions
You may not copy, modify, download, make derivative works of, rent, lease, sell, sublicense, distribute or transfer the Website and/or Apps, in whole or in part, except as otherwise expressly authorized under this Agreement, and you agree to use reasonable efforts to prevent its unauthorized use and disclosure.
- Prohibited Uses
You may only use the Website and/or Apps for lawful purposes in accordance with the terms of the License granted in these Terms. As a condition of your access and or/use of the Website and/or Apps, you warrant to Addide that you will not use the Website and/or Apps for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. Whether on behalf of yourself or on behalf of any third party, and in addition to any and all other restrictions set forth in these Terms, you may not:
- Frame, mirror, or use framing techniques on any part of the Website and/or Apps without Addide’s express prior written consent;
- Make any use of data extraction, scraping, mining, or other data gathering tools, or create a database by systematically downloading or storing content from the Website and/or Apps, or otherwise scrape, collect, store, or use any Content, product listings, descriptions, prices, or images, except pursuant to the License granted by these Terms;
- Make available through or in connection with the Website and/or Apps any virus, work, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file or program that is or is potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
- Use any meta tags or any other hidden text utilizing Addide’s name, marks, logos, or URLs;
- Use a buying agent to conduct transactions on the Website and/or Apps;
- Conduct fraudulent activities on the Websites and/or Apps;
- Harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Website and/or Apps;
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Website and/or Apps;
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Website and/or Apps; or
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Website and/or Apps or materials originating from the Website and/or Apps.
- Website and App Security
In addition to any and all other prohibited acts described in these Terms, you are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website and/or Apps, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging onto a server or an account you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with the functioning of the Website and/or Apps or with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Website and/or Apps, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing;" or (d) sending unsolicited email, including without limitation unauthorized emails on behalf of Addide and/or promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Addide will investigate occurrences of such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who commit such violations. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website and/or Apps or any activity being conducted on the Website and/or Apps. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Websites and/or Apps other than the search engine and search agents provided by Addide or web browsers that are generally publicly available.
- Third-Party Websites and Content
Our Websites and/or Apps may contain display names, marks, products, pop up texts, advertisements of third parties and links to third-party websites (“Third Party Content”). Third Party Content also includes any portions of software or application-programming interfaces created or maintained by third parties. This Third Party Content is provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement, recommendation or adoption by us of the Third Party Content or the third party that provided it. We do not monitor and are not responsible for the Third Party Content or its accuracy or completeness, and we make no representations or warranties whatsoever regarding such Third Party Content. The Third Party Content also may contain opinions and viewpoints of third parties that are not our opinions or viewpoints. We do not control any Third Party Content and disclaim any responsibility for the use and protection by our third party vendors of any personal information collected by them, and we are not responsible for their privacy or security practices. We strongly recommend that you review and understand the terms and conditions, privacy policies, settings and information of each third party website and/or all Third Party Content. If you decide to leave our Websites and/or Apps and access any Third Party Content, you do so at your own risk. In no event will we be liable, directly or indirectly, to anyone for any damage or loss arising from or relating to any access of or use, continued use or reliance on any Third Party Content, any products or other materials relating to any such Third Party Content, or any link contained in any Third Party Content.
Addide ®, the Addide Logo, the Addide product names referenced on the Website and/or Apps and all other Addide trademarks and service marks ("Addide Marks") are trademarks and service marks or registered trademarks and service marks of Addide. Any unauthorized use of the Addide Marks is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge Addide's exclusive rights to the Addide Marks and agree not to display or use the Addide Marks in any manner.
Other trademarks, trade names and service marks used or displayed on the Websites and/or Apps are the registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and service marks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Website and/or Apps grants or should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos displayed on the Website and/or Apps without the written permission of Addide or such other third party owner.
Except as otherwise provided, we own or have the rights to use all content contained on the Website and/or Apps, including without limitation the information, materials, text, graphics, site design, and the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof ("Content"). The Content is protected by copyright laws of the Nigeria and other countries and may not be used for any commercial purpose or copied, distributed, modified, reproduced, performed, published, posted or reverse engineered in whole or in part without our prior written permission. We authorize you to view and print one copy of the materials only for your personal, informational, non-commercial use, provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to grant to you or any other individual viewing the Website and/or Apps any license or right in or to any Content or the Addide Marks.
If you would like to obtain permission to make any use of any of the materials (including without limitation the Content or the Addide Marks) on our Website and/or Apps not permitted by these Terms, please contact us in writing at: Addide Limited, Plot 16/18 Dahomey Street, Off Shogbamu Street, Bariga.
To the fullest extent permitted by law and as a condition of the use of the Website and/or Apps, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Addide and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, agents and employees from and against any claims, actions, demands, suits, costs, losses, liabilities, damages, investigations or inquiries, judgments costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees): (i) arising out of or otherwise relating to your access and/or use of the Website and/or Apps, (ii) any breach by you of these Terms, or (iii) the infringement or other violation by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. Addide reserves the right, at our expense, to assume exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by and, in any event, you agree to cooperate with Addide if and as requested by Addide in the defense and settlement of any such matter.
These Terms are effective unless and until terminated either by you or Addide. You may terminate these Terms at any time, provided that you discontinue further use of the Website and/or Apps. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Addide also may terminate these Terms at any time and may do so immediately without notice, and accordingly deny you access to the Website and/or Apps, in our sole discretion: (i) if you fail to comply with any term or provision of these Terms, (ii) for any other reason or (iii) for no reason at all. Upon any termination of these Terms by either you or Addide, you must promptly destroy all materials downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Website and/or Apps, as well as all copies of such materials. All provisions of these Terms which are by their nature intended to survive termination shall survive such termination, including without limitation the following sections: “Export Policy”, “Trademarks”, “Copyrights”, “Website and App Security”, “Disclaimer of Warranties”, “Limitation of Liability”, “Indemnity” and “Miscellaneous.”
- Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that:
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS, AND THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, FUNCTIONALITY, AND OTHER ITEMS INCLUDED OR MADE AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS, OR THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. ADDIDE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITES OR APPS OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, FUNCTIONALITY, OR OTHER ITEMS INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS.
- ALL PRODUCTS PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS ARE SUBJECT ONLY TO ANY APPLICABLE WARRANTIES OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MANUFACTURERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, IF ANY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS LISTED OR PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT DEFECT OR FAILURE, CLAIMS THAT ARE DUE TO NORMAL WEAR, PRODUCT MISUSE, ABUSE, PRODUCT MODIFICATION, IMPROPER PRODUCT SELECTION, NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY CODES, OR MISAPPROPRIATION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU ALSO EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL ADDIDE OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES OR OTHER MALWARE THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER, TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT, OR OTHER PROPERTY CAUSED BY OR ARISING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS, OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS FROM THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER GENERAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFITS), WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, EVEN IF ADDIDE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF ADDIDE UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN THOUSAND (N10,000), UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES IS TO ALLOCATE THE RISKS UNDER THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND ADDIDE. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND ADDIDE. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE(S).
- Merchandise Content Disclaimer
Product information accessed through the Website and/or Apps is obtained from claims made by the Product’s manufacturer. Please note that, on occasion, manufacturers may alter their labels so the actual product packaging and materials may contain different information than that shown on the Website and/or Apps, thus we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any product information. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on the Website and/or Apps and that you always read labels, warnings and directions before using or consuming any product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. We assume no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about any manufacturer’s products.
- Colors of Products
Addide attempts to display the colors of the products shown on the Website and/or Apps as accurately as possible. However, as the actual colors you see depend on your monitor’s or mobile device’s display, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s or mobile device’s display of any color will be accurate.
- Product Images
Product images on the Website and/or Apps are for general reference only. Products sold in a Addide ® retail store and/or through the Website and/or Apps may differ in size, packaging, etc. from the product images on the Website and/or Apps.
- Product Limitations
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Addide reserves the right, without prior notice: (i) to limit the available quantities of the products on the Website and/or Apps, (ii) to discontinue selling any product, (iii) to impose conditions on the honoring of any coupon, coupon code, promotional code or other similar promotion, and (iv) to refuse to provide any person with any product. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we further reserve the right to cancel multiple orders of a limited quantity item purchased by the same account or credit card, and to cancel multiple orders of a limited quantity item that use the same billing and/or shipping address.
- Export Policy
You acknowledge that any purchased goods licensed or sold on the Website and/or Apps, which may include software or technology, are subject to the customs and export control laws and regulations of Nigeria and may also be subject to the customs and export laws and regulations of the country in which the products are manufactured and/or received. By purchasing, downloading or using technology or software from the Website and/or Apps, you agree to abide by the applicable laws, controls, rules and regulations, and you represent and warrant that you will not transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, the software or technology to a foreign national or a foreign destination in violation of law.
- Order Confirmations, Pricing Errors or Inaccuracies
By confirming your purchase at the end of the checkout process, you agree to accept and pay all charges that may be incurred by you or on your behalf through the Website and/or Apps, at the price(s) in effect when such charges are incurred, including without limitation all applicable taxes and shipping charges. Addide’s acknowledgment of an order that you have placed means that your order has been received, not that it has been accepted or shipped. Addide reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products where the sale or use of such products is restricted and prohibited. You remain responsible for any taxes that may be applicable to any orders you have placed to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We will use our best efforts to describe and display products accurately on the Website and/or Apps. However, there may be incidents where a product on the Website is mispriced, described inaccurately or no longer available. As a result, we cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information that appears on the Website and/or Apps, including, but not limited to, prices, product descriptions, images of products, specifications or availability. Addide reserves the right to modify or replace information for any reason and at any time without prior notice to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of a pricing or availability error on the Websites and/or Apps, Addide reserves the right to cancel any orders resulting from such pricing errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Please note that there may likely be instances where the prices on the Website and/or Apps for a particular product differ from the prices listed at a Addide® retail store.
- Mobile Service and Service Fees
The Website and/or Apps are currently made available to you free of charge for your personal, non-commercial use. You acknowledge that, to the extent you access and/or use the Website and/or Apps using your mobile device and wireless mobile data service, obtained from your wireless carrier, your agreement with your wireless carrier will continue to apply during such access or use. As a result, you may be charged by the wireless carrier for access to network connection services, or any third-party charges as they may arise, for the duration of the connection while accessing and/or using the Website and/or Apps. You accept responsibility for any such charges that arise. If you are not the bill payer for the mobile device being used to access the Website and/or Apps, you certify that you have received permission from the bill payer.
- Risk of Loss
The risk of loss and title to the products purchased on the Website and/or Apps pass to the purchaser upon delivery to the applicable carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
If you are not satisfied with any purchase of merchandise made on the Website and/or Apps, you may return it per the returns policy listed on the Website and/or Apps. Please note that no returns of merchandise purchased online will be accepted at any time or for any reason at any Addide® retail store.
- Rules for Promotions
- Notice About Location Based Services
THE APPS CONTAIN GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY (“GPS”). The AppS enable gathering of location information from Your MOBILE device. ADDIDE HAS THE ABILITY TO TRACK AND MONITOR ANY DEVICE THAT HAS DOWNLOADED THE APPS. ADDIDE WILL ONLY USE INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA THE APPS FOR MARKETING RELATED PURPOSES AND TO NOTIFY YOU OF SERVICES AVAILABLE IN ADDIDE® RETAIL STORE. Location information is collected by the Apps while the applications are running based on your opt-in settings. You control when your location is shared with others by managing the settings on your mobile device or within the Apps. You may opt out of sharing location information within the Apps or in the settings of your mobile device. Note that disabling location features may diminish the features of the Apps.
- Information Collected by the Website and Apps
- Push Notifications
The Apps include push notifications. By using the Apps you hereby approve the delivery of electronic communications directly to your mobile device. These notifications, including badge, alert or pop-up messages, may be delivered to your mobile device even when it is running in the background. You may have the ability, and it is your responsibility, to control the notifications you do, or do not, receive via your mobile device through your mobile device settings. Standard messaging, data, and other fees may be charged by your wireless carrier to participate in push notifications, for which you are responsible. Fees and charges may appear on your wireless bill or be deducted from your pre-paid balance or data allowances. Your wireless carrier may prohibit or restrict push notifications and/or push notifications may be incompatible with your wireless carrier’s service or your mobile device. Contact your wireless carrier with questions regarding these issues.
- Modification of the Website and/or Apps
Addide may modify, suspend or permanently discontinue the Website and/or Apps, or any portion of the functionalities, at any time without advance notice to you. Addide will not be liable to you for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuance. The latest version of the License will be made available on the Website and/or at the mobile application store where you downloaded the Apps.
Changes to Terms
These Terms were last updated on July 26, 2020. We reserve the right to change, modify or amend all or a portion of these Terms at any time to the fullest extent permitted by law, so we encourage you to review them periodically. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPS FOLLOWING CHANGES TO THESE TERMS POSTED TO OUR WEBSITE AND/OR APPS WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
Last Modified: July 15, 2020
- Important Information Regarding Use of the Services and Third Parties.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest (collectively “Social Media Pages”) Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personally Identifiable Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
- What personal information is collected by Addide?
We may collect “Personally Identifiable Information” that you provide when you interact with us, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, home address, e-mail address and telephone number.
We and our service providers may collect Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways, including when you:
- Make an online purchase, return, exchange or request information about our products;
- Create an online account on the Services, or sign up for e-mails or mobile text messages regarding special offers;
- Participate in a contest, promotion or sweepstakes
- Opt in for Geo-Targeted savings alerts and/or use our Store Locator Service; or
- Provide us with comments or suggestions through the Services.
- How do you use my Personally Identifiable Information?
We and our service providers may use Personally Identifiable Information:
- To communicate with you about your use of the Services;
- To advise you of promotions, sales or other special opportunities, such as digital coupons offers;
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payment, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
If you have created an account on our Website, you have the opportunity to e-mail product pages to your friends. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to provide us with your friend’s name and email address. In order to accomplish this, you must provide your friend’s name and e-mail address to us.
- Does Addide collect Personally Identifiable Information of children?
The Services are not designed for or directed to children under the age of 13, and we request that they do not provide Personally Identifiable Information through the Services.
- How may Addide disclose my Personally Identifiable Information?
Your Personally Identifiable Information may be disclosed:
- To our affiliates, selected product vendors, and trusted partners with whom we have a business relationship in order to address a product concern, or to notify you of special offers and promotions relating to such companies’ products available through Addide;
- To our third-party service providers who help us provide a particular operation and its services (e.g., electronic commerce, digital coupon platform). Examples of the services performed by these third-party service providers include:
- payment processing and authorization;
- fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- order fulfillment and shipping;
- marketing and promotional material distribution.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on the Services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Other Information
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Temporary or persistent unique device identifiers
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personally Identifiable Information under applicable law, then we may use it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personally Identifiable Information as detailed in this Policy.
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information may be collected via your browsers or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using, battery usage, battery charge and battery state. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or mobile device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device and/or other location attributes (such as fenceID, speed, altitude, accuracy, and bearing) by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location and/or location attributes to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content. Geolocation services can be turned off or on via the Settings Area of the Apps or in the Location Services area of your mobile device. You can stop all collection of information by the Apps by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of the mobile device’s operating system or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- From you: Information such as your preferred means of communication is collected when you voluntarily provide it.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personally Identifiable Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate Personally Identifiable Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personally Identifiable Information (such as combining your name with your location). If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personally Identifiable Information as long as it is combined.
- Our Advertising
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as on information received from third parties. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
- How does Addide secure information?
Addide and our third party service providers seek to use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect Personally Identifiable Information.
Although we work to protect Personally Identifiable Information, you should be aware that no technology is perfect and no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
- How do I review the information Addide has about me?
If you would like to review, correct or update Personally Identifiable Information that you have previously provided to us, you may do the following, depending on the type of information at issue and the nature of how it was collected:
Information for Accounts Created on Our Website
- If you have created an Online Shopping account on our Website, you can access your profile information at any time by clicking on the “My Account” link.
Information We Have Collected and Retained
- If you would like to review or correct any Personally Identifiable Information we have collected directly from you, please send an e-mail request to email@example.com.
- All such e-mail requests must be written in the English language. In your request, please make clear the Personally Identifiable Information that you would like to review or have corrected; however, please do not send or disclose to us, any sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (defined in Section 15 below) in such request.
- For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personally Identifiable Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change the Personally Identifiable Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
Information You Provided in Connection With A Promotion or Sweepstakes
- If you wish to update Personally Identifiable Information you have provided in connection with a promotion or sweepstakes, please consult the Official Rules of that promotion or sweepstakes.
Information Relating to Services Provided by Our Service Providers
- If you need help accessing your information related to a service provided by one of our service providers, we will assist you by referring you to the third party. Please contact us for that information by submitting an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for Accounts Created on the Apps
- If you have created an Online Shopping account, you can access your profile information at any time by clicking on the “My Account” link.
- What are my choices regarding Addide’s use and disclosure of my Personally Identifiable Information?
- If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mail from Addide, such as e-mails relating to offers or promotions, you can opt-out by selecting the unsubscribe link located within any such e-mail.
- If you would like to remove yourself from the Addide Text message service, reply “STOP” to an incoming message or send the word “STOP” to 34898.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
- Sensitive Information
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Services.
- Contacting Us
ATTN: Legal Department
Plot 16/18 Dahomey Street,Off Shogbamu Street, Bariga, Lagos
Depending on your email service and other related factors to how you send email, email is not an appropriate channel for communicating sensitive information, including, but not limited to, credit card or NIN numbers to us. Please do not include any sensitive information in your emails to us.
VERIFIED BY VISA
Addide supports Verified by Visa (VbV), a security technology that authenticates your Visa card and ensures that only the authorized cardholder is placing the order. If the bank that issued your Visa card supports VbV, you may be prompted to enter your password or to sign up for VbV as you check out. You can also activate your current card now.
Addide supports MasterCard SecureCode, a security technology that authenticates your MasterCard card and ensures that only the authorized cardholder is placing the order. If the bank that issued your MasterCard supports SecureCode, you may be prompted to enter your password or to sign up for MasterCard SecureCode as you check out. You can also activate your current card now.